Monday, September 24, 2012

Those that know you know the truth


I was out for dinner recently for my sister's birthday. I had a friend say to me..."I don't know what this is worth, but I give you a ton of credit. I am not sure if I could handle your situation."

I said thank you. But then qualify that with my admittance that I have reacted to her drama a handful of times and do have my regrets. She than added..."we are only human. You have done a better job at dealing with her than most people would".

I don't think she knows how much that meant to me. I felt some weight lifted off my shoulders that day. I do worry about whether people believe the fabrications she says about me and Max and that they don't recognize that we are the victims of her manipulative deceptive ways. I also focus so much on the times I have failed by reacting to her and how these overshadow the hundreds of times I have not and maintained my composure.

She reminded me of all that I have had to burden and really how well I am trying to cope. She reminded me that it is people's opinion like hers’ that matter.
I have always struggled with worrying about what others think of me or are saying about me. There is a reason for everything, and I think at the end of all this I will reach a point where I am so comfortable in my skin that I don't worry about what the Dragon says and who may believe the toxic venom that comes from her mouth. I know the truth and the people that know and love me do too. Everyone else is not worth it because they have made assumptions and have not taken the time to understand the full truth. I can than apply this new found strength to all areas of my life. 

Wonder if the Dragon knows how much dealing with her wealth of weaknesses is helping me become a stronger person? 




No comments:

Post a Comment