Sunday, January 27, 2013

Would you expect any different?


So after the latest Dragon drama, I was rehashing the incident with my sister, both of us shaking our head at her irrationality. Her response: “Would you expect any different?”  No, and how sad is it that we expect disapproval and when nothing does happen we wonder why.

This realization came after Max did Jessie’s nails – adhering fake nails at Jessie’s request, from her nail kit she got for her birthday months back. Jessie was thrilled with her new look, flashing her fingers in the air going on about how long and sparkly they were.

An hour or so later off she goes back to her Mother’s Den. I didn’t even predict the outcome; heaven-for-bid I did not prepare myself for a Dragon drama!

Max isn’t home yet from driving the 2-minutes across town. Phone rings from the Den. I ignore it. He walks in the door and I immediately ask what happened at drop off. “Nothing he says. Sent Jessie up to the door and drove off. Why?”  

At this point I had not listened to the message that was left so was as curious as he was.

I listen to the message and it is Jessie. She is rambling on about how she is in the bathroom, that her mom doesn’t like her nails and wants them off and that her Mom wants to know how to take them off. She repeats herself a couple times before she says “I love you Caden, Nic, Blair and Daddy” and hangs up.  I relay the message and suggest that he listen – he refuses.  He hung his head “poor Jessie”.

Not even in the door 2 minutes and Jessie is being harassed by her Mother, being punished for an innocent act. No welcome home I missed you, how was your time at Dads?  Rather thrown directly into conflict, Dragon flames of rage – over nails.

Poor girl. Had I predicted that her Mother would throw a fit than I would have never have allowed her to go to her Mom’s with the nails on.

At which point my sister’s response – “Would you expect any less?”

She was right. Anything and everything is a source of conflict for the Dragon. At any point she can blow over the most innocent unassuming things. So you just have to expect it and be pleasantly surprised when she doesn’t explode.

The next day I did my own experiment. It had been years since I had put on fake nails so thought I would assess how difficult it truly is to remove them. So I adhered a few to my nails and waited an hour or so.  I than soaked my nails under warm water than one by one used a little bit of nail polish around the edge of the nails and presto, off the nails came.  I used a little bit of remover to eliminate any little bit of remaining glue. Good as new.  

In my Dragon friend’s defense, perhaps she has never removed fake nails before? Perhaps she was truly at a loss for how to remove the nails? And she thought it would be wise to have her daughter research the answer as opposed to using her own Internet that she has available to her on her phone and home computer?

Sarcasm.

Mountains out of mole hills. That is what she does best. Would you expect any less?

No comments:

Post a Comment