Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Another Mother of the Year Moment


We are sitting on the couch this week, the whole family. And Jessie says "when my mom is mad at me and tells me to SHUT UP, I tell her to shut her lip". 

Out of the mouth of babes!

Teaching moment for Jessie: how rude it is to speak to adults in such a way and why it is important to give your mom respect (despite the fact that her Mother is obviously undeserving of it). 

And the best part, the question of "how does that make you feel when mom says these things" and "what could you say to mom when she says this'. 

Response from a 5 year old girl: "It hurts my feelings" (no kidding!). And "I could ask mom to not say these things to me". 

And yes Jessie, than walk away sweet pea. 

Get out the Medal of Honor for this Mother of the year comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment