Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Reaction



The fire from her venomous Dragon mouth kept burning me. But proudly I kept my composure.

Blame it on the hormones; blame it on reaching a point of being fed up and succumbing to my weaknesses. But I did finally blow. The Day I succumbed to her constant harassment and intimidation. My day of weakness, a day whereby she got control over me.

How it began: I am South enjoying a vacation with my son and my parents. I get a text message from Max. “Carmen is freaking out. She said you posted a profile picture of Jessie and Caden on Facebook. She is saying you gotta take it off.”

Well tell her to grow up and worry about more important things in life. I am not taking the picture down. It is a super cute Halloween picture of my son with his friend, who happens to be you daughter, you Dragon freak. Get over it. Really?  And it is ok for your Dragoness girlfriend to post a profile picture of her and your daughter and Max doesn’t seem to mind. Oh right, he is sane. You are not.

“I told her to mind her own business hun...” And what did she say I asked? “She just said...ok, if she wants to play games, I can too”.

Game? If I knew I was playing a game, I maybe would have geared up for it. 

He adds "I did remind her of the picture Beth posted of her and Jessie". And her quick response...”Its’ different, we live together”.

Oh, forgot there is one set of rules for you Dragon dear, and another for the rest of the world.

The next day I get another text from Max. “I got a text from Stacey, she says there is a goofy picture of you on Carmen’s Facebook page and her making all these comments about you”.

So I do some digging. A mutual “friend” sends me the pictures and comments. Are you serious? You do need a serious dose of growing up Dragon. Where did she get that picture of me? I have her blocked. Then I remember.

A couple months previous Max tells me that Carmen comes by to get Jessie after his visit with her and she asks if she could borrow his camera as she forgot hers at home and she is on her way to swimming with Jessie. He willingly provides her with the camera unknowing what her sly plans are. She shows up a day or so later and hands Max his camera. She says “See who you are dating...just take a look at how crazy she is”. Max looks through the pictures. Carmen had taken pictures of the computer screen, pictures of me having fun with some friends laughing and being goofy, pictures she acquired from my Facebook page. 

Well, weeks pass and these pictures show up again, this time as a means of publicly ridiculing me, an attempt by the Dragon at humiliation. Apparently she saved these pictures to her computer and decided to use them publicly. Really? 

The picture she chose to post as her Facebook profile: me telling a story at a friend’s birthday party at a restaurant, with a goofy face. The picture was followed by the following comment..."you put my daughters picture on your FB stat pic... 2 can play. Carmen 1...Loser 0.”

Again, really? How old are you? A 30+ woman and “Mother” of one acting this way?  And some of her "followers" whom are apparently as equally immature responded with "likes" to this ridiculous juvenile effort. 

Minimal blood boiling that day. Chalked it up as another Dragon moment. Who is the loser Dragon?

I head home from my vacation. First night home I take Caden to swimming. Well, well, there is the Dragon Mobile in the parking lot with the Dragon in the front seat smoking her cigarette, blowing it out of the crack of her window. Why is she sitting in her car filling her lungs with chemicals when she should be inside watching Jessie swimming? Oh yes, she cares about only one person - and that is herself. 

I enter the arena. I immediately get a text. Its Max...”you must have just passed Carmen. She just sent me a text saying that you are a crazy driver, and wish I could see how F’ed up you are”. 

Really? Can't you just sit back and enjoy your cancer stick and leave me alone Dragon.  

I get into the arena. Beth, Carmen's puppet of a girlfriend, is with Jessie in the pool area. No Carmen to be found, apparently still out enjoying her cigarette, making comments about me to Max, clueless to the wellbeing of her daughter.

Caden sees Jessie in the pool area and runs over to say hello to Jessie. They are so cute together, brings a smile to my face. He wanted to say hello just getting back from Florida and away for a week.  But apparently Beth has been carefully instructed by the Dragon to not allow any communication as she immediately pulls Jessie by her arm and away from Caden and I. Caden looks up at me with this look of confusion. My blood immediately boils over. All of the above must have just simmered and simmered to the point of explosion. 

I take Caden by the hand and follow Beth and Jessie into the change room. I start my rant: “how dare you pull Jessie away, and funny how you continue to act as Carmen’s puppet when 2 months ago Carmen was willing to throw you to the curb if Max took her back"...bla bla bla. I stop. What am I doing? Who am I? I gain my composure and walk out of the change room and into the pool area. I hand Caden over to his instructor. I break down into tears. I am shaking. What just happened? 

I didn't sleep that night. I failed. I lost my composure and stooped to the Dragon's level. She gained control over me that day.  Oh and did she have a mouthful for Max after all that. Oh yes, and apparently Jessie was so traumatized that she just couldn't make it to swimming the following week. Oh please stop with the dramatization. Funny how Jessie made no mention to us of her concerns two days later when she was at Max's for her regular access. 

I find out a month later that I am pregnant. I would have been around 4-weeks at the time this “breakdown” of mine occurred. I would like to blame the hormones. But I will also admit that the continued burning by the Dragon and her entourage finally got to me.

The day after this occurrence at the arena I spoke with my family doctor. I told him everything. He advised me to seek legal or criminal action.  This woman will not stop unless some else advises her too.

Yeah right!  NOTHING will stop her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment